Monday, August 29, 2005

Start a Blog

Because nothing says "I'm committed to my novel" like committing to something completely different.

My name is Kathy Monahan, and my novel is called The Amateurs. It's my seventh "first" novel, the other six being The Chaste Planet, The Secret of Pyewacket Island, The Odd Collective and Untitled #1, #2 and #3. The others were aborted somewhere between 15,000 and 30,000 words, but this one, I'm going to finish. Really. Oh, come on! What are you shaking your head like that for?

Since I have such a distinguished history of slacking off on my fiction writing, I conceived of this blog as a way to keep tabs on myself, to document the evolution of my particular style and process, to bitch comprehensively about whatever is going wrong and, hopefully, to be of use to other writers who are experiencing the same thing.

Today, Monday, August 29, The Amateurs consists of 23,044 words of first-draft composition. Whenever that changes, which ought to be somewhere between two and five times a week, I'll post the new word count along with whatever thoughts I have on the process. And occasionally, when Daily Life or the World Out There intervene interestingly enough to make them worth writing about, I'll do that too.

So that's it -- on with the show!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep working at it! I know that you have more than one novel in you... several in fact. I'll help keep tabs with you. You are not alone!

10:21 PM  
Blogger kathy monahan said...

Thanks Mom! :)

xoxo

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home