Friday, September 09, 2005

Cheat

Today's dirty little secret is that only about 600 of the new words in the word count are first draft composition. The rest is a section that I wrote months ago for an earlier conception of the novel and pasted in from the kill file. It's not technically cheating, I suppose -- I did write the section, just not recently -- but I still kind of feel like I'm getting away with something.

Anyone else ever noticed how dramatically different a scene looks on paper from the way you pictured it in your head?

Yeah, me neither.

Word Count: 27,037 (+892)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The writing counts no matter when the words were written. It was your creative decision to include them so they count! Some days the words will flow easily & on others maybe slowly. Just keep writing & one day (after edits & rewites) you'll have that novel finished. Determination is the key.

8:21 PM  
Blogger kathy monahan said...

Determination, and a really awesome mom. ;)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home