Friday, September 16, 2005

Work for a Living

Generally speaking, my day job is the best one ever: it pays well, offers generous benefits and has the deepest possible appreciation of the work/life balance that is still compatible with actual commercial activity. The time-off package is unbelievable, and the corporate culture actively nurtures courtesy and collegiality.

But we've been really busy at work this week, and while my brain understands and accepts that it is not the firm's responsibility to provide me with plenty of downtime in which to transcribe my dication and update this blog, I'm still mildly shocked and affronted when it doesn't. I've also been fighting a little bug of some sort since Sunday, so I've been sleeping a lot, and it seems to have affected my initiative, because when I'm not sleeping I don't really want to do anything but read mystery novels and snack.

Anyway, I did get a little bit of work done. I'm almost finished replacing the scene that I cut out over the weekend, and to my pleased surprise it actually went very quickly and easily, so I guess it was indeed a Good Thing that I edited preemptively, after all.

Word Count: 27,075 (+1,112)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home