Friday, January 06, 2006

Work in a Black Hole

Well, dang. You know how I said back in November that I didn't like my work space? Last Saturday, the last day of 2005, we spent five and a half hours moving the study into the bedroom and the bedroom into the study, and damn it if it wasn't like turning on a faucet. That night I sat down and started outlining The Amateurs from scratch, and I finished the outline by Monday evening and have been going strong on first-sometimes-second draft composition ever since.

The only thing I can come up with is that the old study had some sort of sucking black hole of energy in the corner where I sat (which is fine in the bedroom because you want to be sleeping in there, and anyway the only thing in that corner now is a bookcase) because when we first made the move, we discovered that the only way to set up the furniture (we have a really weirdly shaped apartment) is almost exactly the way we had it in the previous spaces, which would seem to negate the purpose. Our faces when we realized that we had spent five and a half hours on that would have won a prize on America's Funniest Home Videos. But we were wrong. Hallelujah.

The only problem is that all the dust we kicked up seems to have given me blacklung or something. I don't even know what to do for a chest cold; all my home remedies are oriented on post-nasal phlegm. Fortunately it seems to be working itself out with no help from me.

Word Count: 4,369 (+1,633)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home