Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cheat Again, Like the Saucy Redhead You Are

Well, I'm just going to give up feeling badly about swiping stuff back from my kill file, and embrace it instead as a handy resource for increasing my word count without actually having to do any work. As I said before, "I did write the section, just not recently," and as my mom responded, "The writing counts no matter when the words were written. It was your creative decision to include them so they count!" Which just goes to show that one should always listen to one's mom. In any case, it's not like I stuck something in from a different book, or something -- the section goes there.

Oh, the redheaded part?

Last Saturday, the 22nd. Fetching, isn't it? I can't believe I never thought to do it before. I've been joking that I'll have to get a new redheaded personality to go with the hair, but I had to stop when my friend Pat said a touch dryly: "You've always had the personality, the hair just caught up."


Word Count: 31,357 (+1,157)

3 Comments:

Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

You look absolutely gorgeous as a redhead! Goes with that perfect pre-Raphaelite skin you always had. I myself have been flirting with the outskirts of blond all year, but I just can't think of myself as a blond. I don't have a blond personality.

3:46 PM  
Blogger kathy monahan said...

I wouldn't saddle yourself with Jessica Simpson's color or anything, but I think you have a very ash-blonde personality: refined, contemplative and with a hidden steel fist of authority. I mean, Kate Winslet did it, didn't she?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Oo, I *do* like being compared to Kate Winslet. She's my hero, and her husband is my other hero.

Right now I have sort of gold highlights with dark roots. Not great. The whole hair maintenance thing is so low-priority in my world. Plus, it's going to get stuffed under a wig for much of December while I play Mrs. Cratchit in A Christmas Carol.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home